Friday 9 August 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey

I was thinking about what to post today and than I saw this super fun survey at Pretty Little Memoirs. It's originally from The Perpetual Pageturner. Feel free to join in and I hope you like it!



Author you’ve read the most books from:

According to Goodreads I've read the most books from Cassandra Clare, 11 in total. I've read all her books until now (The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices, The Bane Chronicles) and they're all awesome!

Best Sequel Ever:

That's a hard one. There have been very many disappointing sequels (the feared sequel syndrome), but a few were amazing and sometimes even better than book 1. 
I just read Never Fade, sequel to The Darkest Minds, that one was extremely good. (review coming soon!) Other great sequels are Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2) , Clockwork Prince (TID #2) and the Golden Lily (Bloodlines #2).

Currently Reading:

For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund. Not really loving it yet, it's a bit slow.

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Green tea (preferably with lemon) or diet coke. Yum!

E-reader or Physical Book?

Well, I always buy ebooks first since they're cheaper and handier to carry around. But when I really love a book I buy a physical copy, since those are so beautiful! This also helps keeping my bookshelf tidy:)

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Haha, I would date loads of fictional characters, but well, they are fictional. My favourite book boyfriends are Jace from TMI and Adrian from Vampire Academy/Bloodlines. 

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

The Hunger Games. I wasn't really a fan of reading when I bought this book, but I'm so glad I did buy it. Ever since I read that book I haven't been able to stop reading!

Hidden Gem Book:

All our Yesterdays by Cristin Terril. Awesome new book about time travel!
 Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Well, the first was rediscovering my love for reading with the Hunger Games. After that, discovering Goodreads. I got so many great recommendations from it and there I started posting reviews, which in turn led me to create my own book blog!

Just Finished:

Reboot by Amy Tintera (review also coming soon!)

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Well, books that only focus on romance or very serious subjects I don't like reading. And there are also some genres that just don't attract me, like erotica, historical romance or new adult.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (900 pages). According to Goodreads, Harry Potter 5 and Game of Thrones are longer, but I read Anna Karenina in Dutch and that version has more pages than the English one:) It took me quite a while to finish, but it was absolutely worth it!

Major book hangover because of:

Clockwork Princess. It had such a bittersweet ending.. I love it, but it was still so sad!

Number of Bookcases You Own:

Only one :) I have three long shelves on the wall with my favourite books. My dad has an enormous bookcase with books I like to borrow very often, but I guess that doesn't count;)

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Harry Potter, all of them. I think I've read them about 5 times now, if not more. And they get better every time I read them!

Preferred Place To Read:

In the living room. I don't like reading in bed and just in my bedroom at all.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

Okay, I have lots of favourite quotes from books, but just everything Dumbledore says is profound and awesome. 

R
eading Regret:

Not living in America. All those book conventions, author meetings, publishers.. not for us international peeps. :(

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

When I like a series, I usually finish them all in a row, so there isn't a series that I need to finish. I do still have to read book 3 in the Chemical Garden series, Sever. I didn't like book 2, Fever, so I didn't really have the urge to finish the series.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

The Hunger Games, Harry Potter and The Mortal Instruments

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

J.K. Rowling. She's just an amazing writer and I really respect her for using a pseudonym for her new book.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Crown of Midnight. I loooved Throne of Glass and this sequel got so many great reviews, can't wait to read it!

Worst Bookish Habit:

Trying to scroll too fast in my e-reader, which makes it crash. And then it resets at page one of the book and takes loads of time to get to the right page again.. I need to be more patient!

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Die for Me by Amy Plum, a very good paranormal romance book:)

Your latest book purchase:

That would be the two hardcovers of Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night. Beautiful additions to my shelf:)

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

Pivot Point by Kasie West! I just wanted to know how it would end.

I had so much fun filling it in! I hope you have gotten to know me a little better now:)
Happy Friday!

28 comments:

  1. I plan on doing this survey next week. I used to love doing surveys when I was in high school! :P Anyways, I'm glad you gave The Hunger Games a chance if it kept you reading! Such a great series. And duh, who doesn't fangirl over JK Rowling? lol. Great list :) Always fun to learn more about book bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all three of your favourite books. So great! And I know what you mean about rereading Harry Potter. I swear, I've probably reread that series at least nine times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! Some of those questions are actually hard. I agree with you on the sequels, Never Fade was excellent and Clockwork Prince was too. And I think each book just gets better and better in the Bloodlines series. I've heard Crown of Midnight is even better than Throne of Glass. People are raving so much about it I just cannot wait for that one. And I'm sort of glad that I read Throne of Glass awhile ago and it's not fresh, so I'm planning on re-reading it. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I am totally going to do this next week some time.

    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHMYGOD I love this idea! And I love your answers too! I applaud your Cassie Clare record. And YES J.K Rowling is an amazing author. And goodness knows how torn I was with the Clockwork Princess ending. Damn I felt it :(( But great post Eveline, hope you don't mind my carrying over this idea to the blog some time soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heck yea to the reading regret! I wish I had enough money to jet over to America for even just one of those book conventions! Totally stealing this for my blog at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. For Darkness Shows the Stars does start off slow, but I really ended up enjoying it; I hope you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for leaving this post so I could join in!

    Here is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No problem, going to check yours out now:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I haven't been able to read the Infernal Devices series since, I'm too afraid all the feels will come back;) I'm looking forward to seeing it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All Our Yesterdays was awesome! Loved it so much!
    And I totally get the book convention thing. It's one of my goals to go to BEA at least once in my life. Sooner rather than later lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems like I have to start that Infernal Devices series lol. XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, yes, yes, that series is amazing! Also if you haven't read TMI :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have read City of Bones, but haven't gotten to the other ones yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah this bookish survey looks like so much fun that I wanna do it too! And yes! I still got my book hangover from Clockwork Princess. It was like, what am I going to do with my life now? I'm going to do this survey on my blog too :D Loved this post, Eveline! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eveline you've made me want to pick up my Cassandra Clare books more so now than before. I really should also have the same system as you so I stop buying too many books. I've got one whole huge bookshelf filled with unread books! I probably own more unread books than ones I have read :(

    I totally feel your sentiments about not living in the US and not getting all the fantastic Author events :(

    My A-Z Survey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ariella it was really fun to participate in this survey :) Enjoy and link back ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pam I do a lot of re-reading with series, each time a new book in that series comes out I've gotta re-read the rest, but it also makes me a bit slow in the whole reading that series because I won't read it until I've re-read the previous ones :( just a strange quirk I guess LOL

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't read Throne of Glass yet! I really ought to get around to it...
    But it's good to see another fan of Dumbledore's wisdom! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should, it's really good, especially if you love fantasy books:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You should do a reread of CoB before the movie comes out! And unfortunately your link doesn't work:(

    ReplyDelete
  23. I loved Pivot Point! Crown of Midnight is amazing, surprisingly I liked it more than Throne of Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That Dumbledore quote: SO GOOD! And you read Anna Karenina (impressive in itself to me) but in DUTCH?!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eveline I'm yet to actually read COB so will definitely be reading before the movie, what linky did I leave? Was it for the survey?

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are so much fun to read! Glad you're liking For Darkness Shows The Stars. I can't wait for the companion Across A Star-Swept Sea. I've read all those Cassandra Clare books too and I'm dying for the City of Bones movie. I try to read series all in a row if I can too. But then I get impatient and read a book before the others release and have to wait forever.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your survey is awesome! I love Cassie Clare! I'm glad I gave THG a chance as well, I didn't want to read it! And we have a lot of the same things for important moments. :)

    Check out my survey!

    http://qaisracetusbookblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/a-to-z-bookish-survey.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! I'll do my best to reply to everyone (that is why I'd love for you to subscribe to my comments) and to visit your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...