Tuesday 21 May 2013

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) - Cassandra Clare [Review]

This review contains spoilers.


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare



Title: City of Bones
Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Series: The Mortal Instruments #1
Release Date: March 27th, 2007
Pages: 485
Rating: ★★★★













Synopsis of the Book


When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . . 

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end




Review


I can't even begin to describe how much I love this book.

Clary is just this normal girl who discovers she was born to be a demon-hunter and gets sucked into a world of supernatural adventure.

The first thing I love about this book is that it is quick-paced and full of minor cliffhangers and action. You are never bored and you keep wanting to read on. The cliffhangers give you a constant feeling of shock (the good kind).

The second thing is the characters. They are well-written and you really come to know and love them during the book. 

Third is of course the humor. The book is full of it, especially Jace is really funny. I have laughed so hard because of this book, my family thought I had gone mad.

Fourth is the amazing descriptions of the Shadowhunter world. The writer gives a beautiful and detailed view of every new location, which makes it easy to dive in to the world.

I would definitely recommend everyone to read this book. It has action, romance, humor, supernatural/fantasy stuff: the complete package.

I am really excited for the movie City of Bones. I hope it will do justice to the book.


Stars: 5 out of 5



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book keeps coming up as recommended to me, but I'm not a massive fan of supernatural stuff, do you think I'd still be able to get into it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really say, but I definitely think you should give it a try! I was immediately captivated by this story, and not only because of the supernatural stuff:)

      Delete
  3. Bought this one recently but haven't gotten to it yet. Hopefully I will be reading it in the near future as it sounds awesome and everyone seems to love it.

    Andreea

    http://themoonlitbookshelf.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! I'll do my best to reply to everyone (that is why I'd love for you to subscribe to my comments) and to visit your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...