Wednesday 10 July 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #7

 
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



The Elites by Natasha Ngan


Expected publication: September 5th 2013


Blurb:

'There is a rumour that the Elites don't bleed.'

Hundreds of years into the future, wars, riots, resource crises and rising sea-levels have destroyed the old civilisations. Only one city has survived: Neo-Babel, a city full of cultures - and racial tension. Fifteen-year-old Silver is an Elite, a citizen of Neo-Babel chosen to guard the city due to her superior DNA. She'd never dream of leaving - but then she fails to prevent the assassination of Neo Babel's president, setting off a chain of events more shocking and devastating than she could ever have imagined. Forced to flee the city with her best friend Butterfly (a boy with genetically-enhanced wings), Silver will have to fight to find her family, uncover the truth about Neo-Babel and come to terms with her complicated feelings for Butterfly.

Packed full of adventure, romance, exoticism and the power of friendship, THE ELITES is a highly compelling and beautifully written novel from a supremely talented debut author.

As you probably all know by now I love dystopians. The book seems to have a great dystopian/post-apocalyptic story, with a strong heroine. I'm really looking forward to reading it!

What book are you waiting on?

14 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting--I love a good dystopian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this book or author - but it does sound intriguing! I especially love the cover. Hope you get to read it soon! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this once before and it looks pretty good :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I saw this once before, but not with the cover. It sounds fantastic! It will be added to my tbr. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WOW! (Liked you on FB.)

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does sound great. I'm not a dystopian fan, but when a synopsis is good enough I make exceptions. I'll definitely look this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not heard of this book, but I'm definitely intrigued. All the genetic enhancements are exciting me! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick! The story looks super intense and I like that cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOh that one looks intriguing! Like the cover too!! She looks prepared for some action!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This does sound really interesting and I love the cover. Genetic engineering is always scary and intriguing. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this author but the synopsis looks amazing! Will be adding this to by list :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. biopunk? Sign me up! This book sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks really awesome. I hadn't heard of it until now. Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cover is awesome- so intense! It sounds like very dark, but weirdly enchanting, too.

    (By the way, I said this on my blog but wanted to say it here to ensure you see it: Thank you for answering my Game Plan survey! Your answers are really helpful. <3)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! I'll do my best to reply to everyone (that is why I'd love for you to subscribe to my comments) and to visit your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...